News & blog
Biotechnology innovation: apply for business funding
UK businesses can apply for a share of £2 million for biotechnology projects to reduce global dependence on fossil resources.
Innovate UK has up to £2 million to invest in business projects as part of the European ERA-NET cofund on biotechnologies.
The funding will support UK businesses in joint projects with organisations from other countries to investigate how biotechnology could support sustainable industrial development.
The aim is to help transform the global economy from dependence on fossil raw material to use of more sustainable, bio-based resources.
Projects are expected to include at least one of the following processes:
- synthetic biology
- systems biology
- bioinformatic tools to identify and use metabolic pathways
- biotechnological approaches (possibly in combination with chemical ones)
They should also cover one of the competition’s specific research topics, which include:
- sustainable production and conversion of different types of feedstocks and bioresources
- new products, value-added products and supply services
- sustainable industrial processes Read more
13th February 2017Alderley Park opens access to NMR facility for biotech firms
14th February 2017Warrington's employment rate among top 10 in country according to Cities Outlook report