News & blog
Tackling healthcare challenges: apply for business funding
Businesses can apply for a share of up to £12 million to develop innovative ideas that will help to detect, manage and treat disease.
The Biomedical Catalyst has up to £12 million to support innovative healthcare technologies and processes that could help to prevent disease or better manage and treat chronic health conditions.
Providing effective and efficient healthcare
Healthcare costs are rising across the world as a growing and ageing population brings with it an increasing burden of disease.
There is a greater need than ever to provide effective and efficient ways of meeting this healthcare challenge.
The Biomedical Catalyst supports innovative solutions to healthcare challenges. It is funded by Innovate UK, the Medical Research Council and Scottish Enterprise.
Read an independent review of the Biomedical Catalyst programme.
A range of projects
We are seeking projects across a range of fields including:
- stratified healthcare (both therapy and diagnostic components)
- advanced therapies (cell and gene therapy)
- digital health
- enabling medical technologies and devices
Funding is available for late-stage awards and could be for projects including:
- initial human proof-of-concept studies
- demonstration of clinical utility and effectiveness
- demonstration of safety and efficacy (including phase I and II clinical trials)
- developing production mechanisms
- market testing
- intellectual property protection Read more
27th March 2017Second phase of Chester Dining Quarter gets green light
29th March 2017New Sandbach base for aerospace parts manufacturer AVS-SYS