"Cheshire is a county made up of towns and cities with very different identities and individual challenges.The IoD is working with others to improve conditions for businesses located here and the people who work here." @IoD_NWandIOM @SherringtonRobM https://t.co/iSvnDcJ0s7 https://t.co/ThJ9p1UeVv
News & blog
NW Insider event to examine selling the North Wests’ “Golden Triangle” internationally
In 2017, key partners in the developing Cheshire Science Corridor outlined their vision to create a “new golden triangle” in the North West linking the science, technology and innovation assets of Cheshire, Manchester and Liverpool. The area encompasses the Knowledge Quarter in Liverpool, the Cheshire Science Corridor and the Oxford Road Corridor in Manchester creating an even more compelling case for businesses and investors. Add to this the arrival of HS2 into Crewe by 2027 and the region has real scope to rival the South’s existing science and tech Golden Triangle between London, Oxford and Cambridge.
Insider’s New Golden Triangle breakfast event, which is free to attend, will hear from key stakeholders in the region and how they are planning to sell the region on a global stage to international businesses and investors.
- Chris Doherty, managing director, Alderley Park
- Peter Simpson, chief scientific officer, Medicines Discovery Catapult
- John Adlen, growth director, Cheshire & Warrington LEP
- Colin Sinclair, chief executive, Knowledge Quarter Liverpool
- Mark Street-Docherty, chief executive officer, Elucigene Diagnostics
- Ruth Roberts, director and co-founder, ApconiX
- Julian Cobley, managing director, Skills & Growth Company (Cheshire East)
19th July 2018ALL ABOUT INNOVATION: VENTUREFEST NORTH WEST 2018 LAUNCHES
25th September 2018University project offers fast-track to market with top tips on innovation.