Business Start-up Weekend
Date & time: 30th June 2018 and 1st July 2018
Location: Riverside Innovation Centre, Chester
Designed to equip entrepreneurs with all the skills they need to take their business idea to the next level. The two days are highly interactive with a range of exercises including group work and creating videos.
DAY 1 – SATURDAY 30th June 2018 – (9:30 – 16:30)
- About you the Entrepreneur
• Motivations, skills
• Business knowledge
- Exploring your business idea
• Products or services
• USPs – why would people buy from you
- Legal matters
• Who to inform – compliance and regulations
• Legal structures
• Protecting your business
- Market Research
• The What: The product / service and the market. Growing or declining?
• The Who: The target market – demand? The competition – current offer?
• The Why: Reasons people will buy from you. What differentiates your business in the market place?
• The How: Logistics of delivering products or services. Your route to market.
• Understanding the Marketing Mix
• Marketing planning
• Product or service features and benefits
• Market segmentation
• Marketing budget,
• Pricing strategy
• Marketing methods including digital marketing and social media
DAY 2 – SUNDAY 1st July 2018 – (10:30 – 17:00)
• Understanding start-up costs
• Running costs
• Sources of finance
• Cash flow forecasting
- Keeping records [bookkeeping]
- Tax matters
- Business planning
• Key partners
• Key activities
• Key resources
• Value proposition
• Customer relationships
• Routes to market
• Customer service
• Cost structure
• Revenue streams
Lunch will be provided both days.
Organiser: University of Chester (Cheshire and Warrington Business Growth Programme)
Event booking: To secure your place on this workshop, register now by clicking here.