Business Start-up Weekend
Date & Time: Saturday 9th September 2017 at 9:30 am to 4:30 pm
Location: Riverside Innovation Centre, Castle Drive, Chester, CH1 1SL
Designed to equip entrepreneurs with all the skills they need to take their business idea to the next level. The two days are highly interactive with a range of exercises including group work and creating videos.
DAY 1 – SATURDAY 9TH SEPTEMBER – (9:30 – 16:30)
1. About you the Entrepreneur
• Motivations, skills
• Business knowledge
2. Exploring your business idea
• Products or services
• USPs – why would people buy from you
3. Legal matters
• Who to inform – compliance and regulations
• Legal structures
• Protecting your business
4. Market Research
• The What: The product / service and the market. Growing or declining?
• The Who: The target market – demand? The competition – current offer?
• The Why: Reasons people will buy from you. What differentiates your business in the market place?
• The How: Logistics of delivering products or services. Your route to market.
• Understanding the Marketing Mix
• Marketing planning
• Product or service features and benefits
• Market segmentation
• Marketing budget,
• Pricing strategy
• Marketing methods including digital marketing and social media. Read more
University of Chester: Cheshire & Warrington Business Growth Programme
In order to register for the event please click on the link here