GDPR Survival for Small Businesses
Interactive GDPR Workshop for Small Business Owners delivered by Transition Law.
This presentation assumes no previous knowledge of compliance and regulatory matters. The content will take the attendees from basic or no knowledge to an intermediary understanding of practical data protection matters for small businesses, with a focus on the prevention of a data breach occurring through improved awareness.
All of the subject matter is primarily aimed at SME business owners and those responsible for data protection compliance in the organisation.
09.00 Registration & Coffee
09.30 Workshop Start
• Introductions & welcome
• Course overview & objectives
• Introduction to GDPR for Small Business
• Including Fines, Scary stories, Myth busting and Case Studies
• The Data Audit
• Data Controller/ Data Processor Sub-contractors, Suppliers & Staff
• The Danger Zone – Subject Access Requests
• Data Breach Management and dealing with the ICO
• Practical applications for your business (interactive)
• Business marketing after GDPR is achievable and legal!
• How to benefit from demonstrating compliance
• How to obtain 100% Match Funding for Your GDPR Compliance paperwork
• Q & A
12.30 Close and Chat
These workshops are for beneficiaries of the Cheshire & Warrington Business Growth Programme which provides 12 hours of fully-funded support through our workshops – if you are not yet registered on the programme you can still register for a workshop ticket and you will be contacted by our team to check your eligibility.
For any queries please email email@example.com or call 01244 512 655. Please also contact us if the event is fully-booked and you’d like to be added to the waitlist.
To be eligible to apply for support from the ERDF-funded Cheshire & Warrington Business Growth Programme you must be:
• Small – your new business must be an SME. An SME has under 250 staff, turnover of £45 million and any ownership by a wider commercial group is below 25%. You may also be a pre-start business.
• Local – your business address (registered or trading) is within the Cheshire East, the Cheshire West and Chester, or the Warrington council areas.