Innovation2Commercialisation: Two Day Food Photography and Social Media Workshop
About this Event
Two Day Food Photography and Social Media Workshop
With professional food photographer Jane Burkinshaw
High quality images are a ‘must have’ part of your marketing strategy if you want to stand out from the competition. Professional food photographer Jane Burkinshaw will show you how to create and shoot mouth-watering images of your products, providing you with skills that you can take back to your workplace and easily implement.
On day two of the workshop you will learn how to enhance and use the images online for maximum impact and engagement. You will also learn how to create simple promotional material for print and online use.
Day one: Learn how to style and photograph food and drinks like a professional.
• How to set up and style a simple food photography shot.
o Using props and backgrounds to create a theme or story.
• How to photograph food with a smartphone.
• How to photograph food with a camera.*
o Get off Auto and use the best settings for food photography.
o Create a soft-focus background.
o When and how to use a tripod.
• How to photograph in natural and artificial light.
o Coping with difficult light.
o Shooting in real life situations such as busy kitchens and restaurants.
• How to photograph people working in a food service business.
Smartphone (this is the minimum requirement).
*Ideal but not mandatory: a DSLR or mirrorless camera, or bridge camera, or good quality compact camera. A tripod.
There will be some cameras and tripods available on the day for you to try.
This workshop is suitable for complete beginners in photography. You will be working in small groups with people of a similar ability to yourself.
Day two: How to maximise the impact of images in your online marketing activity.
• How to edit your images using freely available apps and software.
• How to add text and watermarks to your images.
• How to create picture collages.
• How to re-size your images for online use and ensure they are good quality (the correct resolution)
• How to create professional graphics for your business using free, simple to use software.
• How to get your images ‘out there’ and noticed on social media:
o How to develop a simple, manageable social media strategy.
o How to use images effectively on different social media platforms and blogs.
• How to measure your progress.
This workshop will take place in a lab with computers provided for your use.
We will be using freely available, simple to use apps and websites to edit and create graphics. Ideally you will have a basic knowledge of computers and some experience of using social media platforms like Instagram and Facebook.
About your tutor:
Jane Burkinshaw has been a professional photographer for over ten years and works with restaurants, hotels, pubs and other SMEs in the food industry. Jane also runs a wide variety of photography workshops for beginners and more advanced photographers.
As an SME business owner Jane has a wide knowledge of using online marketing effectively and cheaply to promote her business, via social media, her websites, podcasts and blogs.
Book your place here