Valuing Cheshire: A Natural Capital Seminar
Date & Time: Thursday 23rd February 2017 at 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
Location: Successfactory, Harthill Road, Burwardsley, CH3 9NU
The Cheshire West and Chester Rural Growth Board would like to invite you to a FREE event – “VALUING CHESHIRE: A NATURAL CAPITAL SEMINAR” – on the 23rd February 2017 at the Successfactory, Burwardsley.
The seminar introduces the concept of Natural Capital and how this relates to sustainable business growth in Cheshire. Natural capital is the world’s stock of natural resources, which includes geology, soils, air, water and all living organisms.
During the event you’ll hear from an impressive list of speakersincluding Euan Hall, Chief Executive of the Land Trust who will explore and explain the importance of natural capital, the true value of the natural environment and how your business can benefit from this increased knowledge and awareness.
By the end of the session you should have a clear understanding of not only the relevance of Natural Capital on your business, but also a shared, clear indication of what needs to be done to engender positive change.
10:00 Registration, Coffee & Networking
Speakers commencing at 10:30
- Welcome Introduction, background to the day – Andrew Hull, Rural Growth Board
- Welcome to the Successfactory and why it works – Graham Wilson, Founder and Managing Director, Successfactory
- “What is Natural Capital?” – Ian Dickie, Director, Eftec: Economics for the Environment Consultancy
- “The Importance of Natural Capital to Business” – Mark Pearson, Director of Business Growth, Surrey County Council
- “Naturally Richer: A Natural Capital Investment Strategy for Surrey” – Sarah Jane Chimbwandira, Director, Surrey Nature Partnership
- “The Value of Our Green Spaces” – Euan Hall, Chief Executive, The Land Trust. Read more
Rural Growth Board
In order to register for the event please click on the link here .