There are currently no Tweets to show.
PLEASE NOTE: Whilst the Cheshire and Warrington Growth Hub supports tender opportunities on behalf of its clients, all correspondence regarding any procurement opportunities listed below should be directed towards the contracting business named on the individual document
Business Name: Green Sisters Ltd
Reference Code: GH51119
Description of services required: Packaging Design Consultancy & SALSA Food Management System Accreditation Consultancy
There are 2 distinct elements to this project which are crucial to the immediate and future growth of our business:
Element 1 – Packaging Design & Compliance Consultancy
The first element will be to enlist the expertise of a Food Technology Consultant to ensure that the packaging variants are clearly labelled in compliance with the current legislation for Food Standards and allergen labelling laws. The main activities to be undertaken include:
• To conduct and complete any work required to achieve the outcomes of correct package labelling, which include but are not limited to: use by dates, storage instructions, correct information on pack for allergens and net weight claims on pack
• To take advice and expertise around the best way to present nutritional labelling and how to present this on pack claims for a number of product lines
• To gain accreditations required to make claims on pack and conduct any additional work required to do so
• To complete the design work for the packaging, correctly presenting information and design in order that it complies with standards.
Element 2 – SALSA (Safe and Local Supplier Approval) Food Management System Accreditation Consultancy
SALSA (Safe and Local Supplier Approval) is a food-safety standard written by experienced food safety experts to reflect both the legal requirements of producers and the enhanced expectations of ‘best practice’ of professional food buyers. Certification is only granted to suppliers who can demonstrate to an auditor that they are able to produce safe and legal food and are committed to continually meeting the requirements of the standard.
Therefore, the second element of our project will focus on gaining SALSA Food Management System Accreditation working with a consultant to prepare the business for auditing by an assessment body. We anticipate the consultancy support will focus on delivering the following:
1. Carrying out a Gap Analysis of current systems and processes versus required standard
2. Assistance in developing paperwork and manuals
3. Full implementation support
4. Carry out an audit of the system and coordinate activities in preparation for an external system audit
5. Provision of support during the external audit process
We are therefore looking to work with a consultant that has the experience and proven track record of working with businesses to successfully gain SALSA accreditation.
Our budget for this project is £10,000 which could be split as follows:
• Element 1 – £5,000
• Element 2 – £5,000
We are happy to accept proposals from consultants to cover either one of the two elements or both.
Expected Start Date
We would like the project to commence during September 2019.
Closing Date: 5pm on Wednesday 28th August 2019
This project is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund.