Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service
ACAS (Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service)
• We provide advice and support to improve organisational performance and quality of working life.
• We help people resolve disputes at the earliest stage and avoid conflict in the future.
• We use our experience and wider research to lead debates on employment issues.
• Our papers and commentaries seek to inform and influence policy debates, for example in addressing the role of the workplace to build productivity, and looking at issues around age, improving access to the workplace for young people and in attitudes towards and retention of older workers.
• Our experts and senior team speak at conferences across the country and beyond, offering Acas’ view on critical issues in the world of work. We also run conferences throughout the country on a range of topical issues.
• Acas provides expert and impartial advice on good practice, and support in finding solutions when relationships go wrong.
• For every £1 Acas spends, there is at least £12 benefit to the economy.
Acas provides free and impartial information and advice to employers and employees