Countryside Stewardship (CS) provides financial incentives for land managers to look after their environment through activities such as:
- conserving and restoring wildlife habitats
- flood risk management
- woodland creation and management
- reducing widespread water pollution from agriculture
- keeping the character of the countryside
- preserving features important to the history of the rural landscape
- encouraging educational access
All applicants must register themselves on Rural Payments (www.gov.uk/rural-payments) before applying for Countryside Stewardship. They will receive a customer registration number (CRN) once registered.
This is a free to apply for scheme.