There are currently no Tweets to show.
Letting out a property – HMRC e-Learning
Welcome to this tutorial which is aimed at anyone starting to let out a property to a tenant and becoming a landlord or overseas landlord if leaving the UK for more than 6 months. If you let property held in a partnership, in a Trust, as a limited company or during the administration of an estate the income will still be taxable but the way in which you report the income will vary. Guidance can be found on both the HMRC and GOV.UK websites.
• How and when to tell HMRC you have started letting a property, including registering for HMRC Online Services
• The types of business record you should keep as a landlord
• Business expenses and tax allowances for landlords
• Submitting your Self Assessment tax return online
• How and when to pay your Income Tax to HMRC
• Growing your business, including VAT and taking on staff
To access the e-Learning guide, please click here: http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/courses/