Self-employed Business Expenses – HMRC e-Learning
The guide has four sections to help you covering:
- What allowable business expenses are
- Revenue ‘day to day’ expenses
- Capital allowances
- Simplified expenses
I bet it's one of the first questions you asked yourself, right?
So to help you we’ll be telling you:
• What allowable business expenses are
• What is meant by revenue 'day to day' expenses
• How to claim for larger items of plant and machinery known as 'capital allowances'
• Whether using flat rates for certain expenses or 'simplified expenses' could be an option for you
Claiming the right expenses means you’ll pay the right amount of tax at the right time.
To access the e-Learning guide, please click here: http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/courses/