Starting your own business – HMRC e-Learning
The guide is in four sections to help you:
- Choose a structure for your business
- Tell HMRC about your self-employment
- Keep your business records and claim expenses
- Send HMRC your tax returns and payments
• Get to grips with the taxes for your business
• Let HMRC know you're self-employed
• keep records and claim expenses
• Plan for your tax returns and payments
We'll tell you what you need to know and do to get your tax right first time, every time.
Most new businesses can use a simple one-step online registration process and set up an online HMRC account at the same time.
You can also appoint someone to register and deal with HMRC for you. This could be an accountant, a relative or a friend. You’ll still be legally responsible for your own tax.
To access the e-Learning guide, please click here: http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/courses