Covid-19: Working Safely, Lockdown and Restrictions
From the 5th January, we have been in a national lockdown, this means you must stay at home. The single most important action we can all take is to stay at home to protect the NHS and save lives. You should follow this guidance immediately.
The guidance provides information on:
Going to work (Please see below)
Asymptomatic Testing Centres (Please see below)
Going to work
You may only leave your home for work if you cannot reasonably work from home.
Where people cannot work from home they should continue to travel to their workplace. This includes, but is not limited to, people who work in: critical national infrastructure, construction, manufacturing, childcare or education or essential public services.
This is essential to keeping the country operating and supporting sectors and employers.
Asymptomatic Testing Centres
COVID-19 testing for workers who don’t have symptoms
Regular and rapid COVID-19 testing is available in Cheshire West and Chester for workers who cannot work from home and who either come into contact with members of the public, or work in close proximity with people from separate households but don’t have COVID-19 symptoms.
Cheshire West and Chester have two asymptomatic testing centres (in Ellesmere Port and Winsford) where people who cannot work from home can attend for testing.
Businesses with over 250 employees that are still operational should email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss testing arrangements.
Testing for businesses with 250 employees or less
Who can attend?
Cheshire West and Chester is prioritising those members of the public that cannot work from home due to the industry they work in, this might include (but is not limited to):
– Manufacturing and production industries
– Essential retail
– Construction and utilities
– Contact centres
– Logistics centres
– Healthcare and public sector services
– Animal welfare and management
Where can I get tested?
Two testing centres are available:
• Stanney Oaks Leisure Centre, in Stanney Lane, Ellesmere Port, CH65 9DB
• Winsford Lifestyle Centre, The Drumber, Winsford, CW7 1AD
You do not need an appointment to get tested. You can arrive at a time that suits you – although if the test centre is busy you may have to queue. The test centre will be open from 9am to 7pm from Monday to Friday, and from 9am to 1pm on Saturdays. Both sites operate the same hours.
Full guidance about these centres and testing arrangements is here
- The latest Test and Trace workplace guidance can be found here.
- Guidance on maintaining records of staff, customers and visitors to support NHS Test and Trace
- If there is more than one case of COVID-19 in a workplace, employers should contact their local health protection team to report the suspected outbreak. Find your local health protection team. (See below)
- Follow government guidance to help employers, employees and the self-employed understand how to work safely during the coronavirus pandemic. The government, in consultation with industry, has produced guidance to help ensure workplaces are as safe as possible. These guides cover a range of different types of work.
- For guidance about travelling to and from work click here.
Other safety measures
NHS COVID-19 app
Following the launch of the new COVID-19 app, customers and visitors in England will be able to check-in on entry with their phone instead of filling out a check-in book or tool specific to a business. This will allow NHS Test and Trace to contact customers with public health advice should there be a COVID-19 outbreak.
- In England, using QR codes will help businesses meet the new legal requirement to record the contact details of customers, visitors and staff on their premises.
- Create and download your QR code poster here
- Find out more about the NHS Covid-19 app here.
Full guidance about when to wear a face covering is available here
Health and Safety and Reporting An Outbreak Guidance (including Sector Specific Guidance)
- Latest information and advice about Covid-19 and health and safety
- Latest information about Covid-19 and social distancing, keeping businesses open and in-work activities.
- Sector specific guidance can be found here
Opening Safely Suppliers
The Growth Hub appreciates that changes will be needed in your business to trade safely and successfully. We have compiled a list of suppliers who might be able to help you make your business Covid-19 secure and support you with the financial and HR elements of this, this list is not exhaustive and we encourage you to conduct your own research before engaging with the companies listed here.