Developing your Team Leading and Supervisory Skills
This programme is a non-accredited course designed for new and aspiring junior managers. It is also particularly suited to practising team leaders seeking to move up to the next level of management, and for those who have management responsibilities but no formal training, and are looking at developing their Leadership skills. The programme will provide the understanding required to deal with management responsibilities and to advance the individual’s career with confidence.
This course covers the essential skills and personal qualities that will produce highly effective leaders. Delegates will discover practical and straightforward ways to lead, organise and motivate in order to achieve outstanding performance and results.
This programme is a highly interactive course with 5 days of in-depth workshops and peer support, in addition to 12-month Personal Tutor support: advice and guidance. On successful achievement, the delegate will receive an in house certificate.
Our delivery style is to provide an enjoyable, comprehensible, and comfortable learning environment ensuring that both the individual and organisation benefit from the training. Our training focuses on practical application and results most relevant to clients.
The workshops will be both theory and practice-based, providing comprehensive underpinning knowledge of how to develop team leader skills. The Programme covers the following modules:
- Leadership and Management – Your role as a Team Leader, how management and leadership differ, Lewin’s leadership styles and Transactional leadership
- Building an effective team –The concepts of Team Leadership, team leader competencies, elements of a good team, characteristics of good teams, Tuckman’s model, barriers to effective teamwork, Belbin Team Roles and the aspects of a balanced team
- 1:1 coaching and feedback – The purpose and benefits of coaching, developing coaching skills, using coaching models, principles of feedback, learning styles and reflecting on coaching practice ( real life assignment)
- Behaviours, attitudes, and beliefs – How we form behaviours, attitudes, and beliefs, organisational culture, motivational theories and the use of transactional analysis
- Facilitating change – Introduction to change, key factors for change, change management models, barriers to change, supporting change in your team, characteristics of a change and programme, risk, health and safety and quality management and constructing a simple project schedule.
- Performance Measurement – Definition of performance management, key factors that may influence performance, performance management cycle, KPIs targets and measures, SMART objectives, recording performance and managing underperformers
5 days workshops and on programme support.
The course is delivered online or in a classroom setting
If required the course can also be provided on site to a cohort of learners
Start date W/C 20th February
Or email – email@example.com with the course title as the subject.