EU Exit: Importing
Prepare to import goods from the EU from 1 January 2021
The process for importing goods from the EU will change.
Whether we reach a trade agreement with the EU, from 1 January new rules will apply for any trade with Europe. You will need to:
- make customs declarations for any goods moved between Great Britain and Europe;
- pay the relevant tariffs on any goods moved between Great Britain and Europe; and,
- follow new processes for moving any goods into Northern Ireland from Great Britain.
- 5 steps for importers to take now to prepare for the EU Exit
- Check the import tariffs that will apply from January 2021
- Moving goods into, out of, or through Northern Ireland from 1 January 2021
- Importing goods from outside the EU
- Import, export and customs for businesses: detailed information
- Get UK customs clearance when importing goods from outside the EU
Sector Specific Guidance