EU Exit: Intellectual Property
PREPARE TO PROTECT YOUR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY FROM 1 JANUARY 2021
- Intellectual property and the transition period
- Intellectual property after 1 January 2021
- Changes to international trade mark registrations after 1 January 2021
- EU trade mark protection and comparable UK trade marks from 1 January 2021
- Changes to unregistered designs from 1 January 2021
- Exhaustion of IP rights and parallel trade from 1 January 2021
- Changes in intellectual property webinar: watch on demand
- In November Alok Sharma advised businesses to:
– Consider carefully where to disclose your designs to ensure they have adequate protection in their most important market;
– If you export IP-protected goods on the secondary or parallel market, contact the rights holder in the EEA to see if you have permission to continue to parallel export.
– Consider if you want exports to continue if you are a business that owns the IP rights for goods currently parallel exported from the UK to the EEA.